Mark your calendars for July 31!
The cast of “Descendants” took to social media yesterday afternoon to hint at some big news – the release date for the movie! The DCOM will be hitting your TV screens on July 31!
Dove Cameron, Cameron Boyce, Booboo Stewart and Sofia Carson star as the teenage sons and daughters of Disney’s most infamous villains, in Disney’s “Descendants,” a live-action movie that — with a knowing wink at traditional fairy tales — fuses castles with classrooms to create a contemporary, music-driven story about the challenges in living up to parental and peer expectations. The film will premiere FRIDAY, JULY 31 (8:00 p.m., ET/PT) on Disney Channel and Friday, July 24 to verified users on the WATCH Disney Channel app and WATCHDisneyChannel.com. The notable cast also includes Mitchell Hope, Wendy Raquel Robinson, Maz Jobrani, Kathy Najimy and the Tony Award-winning Kristin Chenoweth.
The story, set in the idyllic kingdom of Auradon, playfully presents the unexpected possibilities of what happens after the “happily ever after.” As it unfolds, Ben, the benevolent teenage son of the King and Queen (Beast and Belle from “Beauty and the Beast”), is poised to take the throne. His first proclamation is to offer a chance at redemption to Mal, Evie, Carlos and Jay, the trouble-making offspring of Maleficent, the Evil Queen, Cruella de Vil and Jafar, who have all been sequestered on the forbidden Isle of the Lost for 20 years. These villainous descendants are allowed into Auradon for the first time to attend prep school alongside the teenage progeny of Fairy Godmother, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and Mulan. Only time will tell if these evil teens follow in the footsteps of their wicked parents.
As these sons and daughters of evil meet the children of goodness, their story incorporates empowering themes about self-confidence, finding the beauty within, freedom of choice, personal responsibility, teamwork, justice and empathy.
Disney’s “Descendants” premiere schedule in the U.S. is:
FRIDAY, JULY 24
· Advance viewing of Disney’s “Descendants” available to verified WATCH Disney Channel users on WATCHDisneyChannel.com and the WATCH Disney Channel app for smartphones, tablets and connected TVs.
FRIDAY, JULY 31
· Television premiere of Disney’s “Descendants” (8:00 p.m., ET/PT) on Disney Channel.
· Movie available on DVD at retailers nationwide. The DVD includes a free “Isle of the Lost” bracelet packed inside, plus exclusive bonus features including cast dance rehearsal footage conducted by Kenny Ortega, bloopers and more.
· “Descendants” soundtrack is released from Walt Disney Records. Available for pre-order at Amazon.com and iTunes later this month, the soundtrack includes songs performed by the cast with four bonus tracks.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 1
· “Descendants” is available for purchase on iTunes, Amazon and Google Play.
Also, watch the new extended trailer below as well as our exclusive interview with the cast!