It was a night of fun, fire, and more at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards on Sunday.
Conan O’Brien kicked off the show with the most celeb filled opening ever. The late night talk show host & comedian managed to squeeze 50 cameos into his opening which included stars like Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Ashton Kutcher, Chris Pratt, Paul Rudd, Logan Lerman, Emma Watson and a ton more.
One of the big highlights of the night was Zac Efron keeping his promise when he won Best Shirtless Performance for That Awkward Moment. As Zefron was wrapping up his speech, Rita Ora ripped open his shirt and Zac then decided to just take it all off flexing for the camera. Excuse us while we play that on repeat for the next hour…brb.
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire was a big winner taking home Movie of the Year. Josh Hutcherson also took home Best Male Performance and he accepted the award for Best Female Performance on behalf of Jennifer Lawrence.
Mark Wahlberg won the “Generation Award” for his extensive, diverse body of work in the film and television industry while Channing Tatum won the third annual “Trailblazer Award.” Jordana Brewster honored Paul Walker with a heartfelt, personal speech that introduced a moving tribute spotlighting his career.
The night also included some awkward kissing and performances by Eminem, Rihanna, twentyone pilots, Zedd and Ellie Goulding.
Check out the full list of winners below as well as some highlights from the show.
What was your favorite moment from the 2014 MTV Movie Awards?
Winners of the 2014 “MTV Movie Awards” are as follows (*denotes new category)
MOVIE OF THE YEAR
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Lionsgate)
Director: Francis Lawrence
Producers: Nina Jacobson and Jon Kilik
BEST FEMALE PERFORMANCE
- Jennifer Lawrence – The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Lionsgate)
BEST MALE PERFORMANCE
- Josh Hutcherson – The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Lionsgate)
- Will Poulter – We’re the Millers (New Line Cinema)
- Emma Roberts, Jennifer Aniston and Will Poulter – We’re the Millers (New Line Cinema)
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Warner Bros. Pictures) – Orlando Bloom and Evangeline Lilly vs. Orcs
BEST COMEDIC PERFORMANCE
- Jonah Hill – The Wolf of Wall Street (Paramount Pictures)
BEST SCARED-AS-S**T PERFORMANCE
- Brad Pitt – World War Z (Paramount Pictures)
BEST ON-SCREEN DUO
- Vin Diesel and Paul Walker – Fast & Furious 6 (Universal Pictures)
BEST SHIRTLESS PERFORMANCE
- Zac Efron – That Awkward Moment (Focus Features)
- Leonardo DiCaprio – The Wolf of Wall Street (Paramount Pictures)
Leonardo DiCaprio’s iconic portrayal of excessive Wall Street player Jordan Belfort takes a turn for the insane when he takes his Lamborghini for a spin.
- Mila Kunis – Oz The Great and Powerful (Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures)
BEST ON-SCREEN TRANSFORMATION
- Jared Leto – Dallas Buyers Club (Focus Features)
- Shailene Woodley – Divergent (Summit Entertainment)
BEST MUSICAL MOMENT
- Backstreet Boys, Jay Baruchel, Seth Rogen and Craig Robinson – This is the End (Columbia Pictures)
Spoiler alert! Backstreet Boys reunite in heaven to perform “Everybody” with signature boy band moves and flair for this unforgettable apocalyptic ending.
BEST CAMEO PERFORMANCE
- Rihanna – This is the End (Columbia Pictures)
Henry Cavill as Clark Kent – Man of Steel (Warner Bros. Pictures)