One Direction is currently traveling the world on their sold out Take Me Home tour and they are documenting it all for their upcoming 3D movie titled This Is Us.
The concert documentary is being directed by Super Size Me’s Morgan Spurlock and thanks to his takeover on the movie’s official twitter, we know a little bit about what we can expect to see!
Here are 8 highlights from Morgan’s twitter chat:
1. We’ll not only see the guys’ life on the road, but also at home! “Working with the band has been a real thrill. We’ve had some incredible moments both at their homes & on the road,” Morgan said. He also added, “We spend a lot of down time w/ the band, w/ their families & friends. We really wanted you to see what their “normal” lives are like.”
2. Funniest moment so far? “We had some hilarious moments while filming in Japan. It was the band’s first time there and they were in awe of that city, and ROBOTS!”
3. Girls, get ready for some shirtless action! “More shirtless moments than you can imagine, now how many of those make it into the final film we’ll have to wait and see.”
Click inside for more…
4. The movie will film in places all over the world. “We started filming last November in the states and will continue until June when we wrap in Mexico City.”
5. A new trailer is coming this month!! “A new trailer (the OFFICIAL trailer) will come out in April after we film the concerts. Shot the 1st 3D show last night.”
6. One Direction chose the title This Is Us by themselves! “Yes, they came up with it themselves. They really wanted it convey that it was them bringing you into their lives.”
7. Bring tissues, because the movie might make you cry! “There have been some really lovely emotional moments that we’ve captured, I think fans may shed a tear or two while watching.”
8. The guys will take the camera into their own hands! “The lads have been both in front of & behind the camera. They’ve been filming each other on the tour bus & on day’s off, great footage.”
Also, the guys are currently having wax figures made for Madame Tussauds and you can check out the progress pics below. They are actually looking quite good! The hours it must have taken for Harry’s hair…oh man! Plus, they recently did the Harlem Shake during their concert!
This Is Us opens August 30, 2013.