–Nick Jonas wants you to join the biggest battle of the bands in history!
The 17-year-old has teamed up with VH1 and DoSomething.org to help raise awareness about the importance of music education. Here’s how you can enter:
1. Starting March 1st, create a video of your garage band, glee club, freestyle, orchestra, or any other musical performance.
2. Include a testimonial about why music education matters to you.
3. Upload it and share it with as many people as you can!
4. Get your friends to login and vote for your video
5. By April 16, submit your results.
A panel of expert and celebrity judges will review your videos. Top entries will win great prizes and be presented to members of Congress, urging them to keep music in schools.
Winners will be selected based on:
2. Strength of the argument to keep music in schools
3. Use of social media to share your video and raise awareness about the issue
4. Number of votes
5. Number of people involved in your project
5 Winners will get $1000 for their school music program, concert tickets, Fender guitars, and Rock Band video games.
1 Grand Prize Winner will be selected to win an additional $4000 for their school music program and will be flown to New York City to perform in front of music industry executives at the World Famous Apollo Theater!!
To enter, visit http://www.dosomething.org/bands. Good luck!