Dylan O’Brien suffered injuries on the set of Maze Runner: The Death Cure earlier this year and now it looks like the injuries were more severe than originally thought.
According to THR, the production on the movie has now been shut down for longer than originally expected. Dylan was injured in March and according to sources, he was injured while in a harness on top of a moving vehicle. He was unexpectedly pulled off the vehicle and hit by another vehicle. He reportedly suffered a “concussion, facial fracture and lacerations.”
Production on the film was shut down and rescheduled to resume May 9, however, sources are now saying that cast and crew have been sent home, and a new start date will depend on Dylan’s recovery and the ability to reassemble the cast and crew. It turns out his injuries are more severe than they were first believed to be.
“His injuries are very serious and he needs more time to recover,” said O’Brien’s publicist Jennifer Allen.
“The resumption of principal photography on Maze Runner: The Death Cure has been further delayed to allow Dylan O’Brien more time to fully recover from his injuries. We wish Dylan a speedy recovery and look forward to restarting production as soon as possible,” said a statement from Fox.
The Death Cure was slated for a February 17, 2017 release but most likely will be pushed back.
We are wishing Dylan a very speedy recovery. Get well soon Dylan!