Shine On Media turns the big 1-0 this month and to celebrate we’re bringing back our Spotlight series. Spotlight will highlight some up-and-coming performers to keep your eye on and maybe even some familiar faces. It will allow you to get to know them a little better with some fun random questions plus check out links to their work.
Kicking off the revival of our series is 15-year-old Quinn Martin who hails from Thousand Oaks, CA. Quinn is a triple threat being not only a singer and songwriter, but also an actress. In fact, she can be seen guest starring soon on one of Nickelodeon’s hit shows. When it comes to her music, Quinn has a mature voice that reminds us of what music would sound like if Sabrina Carpenter and Of Monsters and Men did a mashup, which is obviously something amazing. We still can’t believe Quinn is only 15! Her album, All the Sides of You, was produced by Lennon Leppert and is available on iTunes now. Get a copy here: itun.es/us/6qjf8.
Get to know Quinn a little better below and for more info, visit alltimerecords.co.
Name: Quinn Martin
Hometown: Thousand Oaks, CA
1. The moment I knew I wanted to be a musician was: Ever since I was really little I have been making up songs and plays and performing for my family. Honestly, I can’t remember a time where I didn’t want to be in the entertainment industry!!
2. Describe your sound in 3 words: Relatable, youth, pop.
3. The one thing I want people to know about my music is: Each one of my songs is based on a particular emotion I’ve had at one point. Like a little snapshot of my life!
4. In 5 years I hope to have achieved/accomplished: Having one of my songs reach the top 40, and have performed on a world tour! That would be sick.
5. Three artists I’d love to have a dinner party with are: Taylor Swift, John Mayer, Barbara Streisand.
6. My hidden talent is: I know sign language!
7. My guilty pleasure TV show is: Too many to pick!! I would have to say either “Once Upon a Time” or “Psych.”
8. The most embarrassing song on my iPod is: “Baby” by Justin Bieber. I think every 12 year old girl had that song at some point. 😉
9. If I could be an animal for a day, it would be: My dog Chipper!! I’ve always wanted to see what it felt like to be him. It would also be cool to be a dolphin!!
10. The song of mine I’m most proud of is: Ahhh I love them all! I really love the message of “Money To Burn”, so If I had to pick, it would be that one.
11. My go to karaoke song is: Ooo definitely “Rolling in the Deep” by Adele. That song is killer.
Bonus: Any message for your fans? Stay positive! One of my favorite quotes is “Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end.” -John Lennon 🙂