The guys of One Direction hang out in the 1D + OD LIVE LOVE MOVE section of the Backstage Creations Celebrity Retreat at the 2013 Teen Choice Awards. Stars were thanked for their support by being given the opportunity to select specific gifts they wish to receive from participating donor companies. In addition, the Retreat will also served as a Giving Suite™ as celebrities were engaged to have donations made on their behalf to various causes, including City of Hope, Pencils of Promise, LoveIsRespect and Office Depot Foundation.
Hosted by Darren Criss and Lucy Hale, TEEN CHOICE 2013 celebrated the hottest teen icons in television, music, film, sports, fashion, comedy and the web. Presenters and nominees included: Sandra Bullock, Miley Cyrus, Liam Hemsworth, Ian Somerhalder, Bella Thorne, Rebel Wilson, Logan Lerman, Chloë Grace Moretz, Abigail Breslin, Tyler Posey, Cody Simpson, Gabby Douglas, Hailee Steinfeld, Lily Collins, Erin Andrews, Skylar Astin, Emblem3, Max Greenfield, Bridgit Mendler, Leven Rambin and many more. The show featured performances by One Direction, Demi Lovato and Paramore.
The gift items selected for the Celebrity Retreat™ included:
· 1D + OD LIVE LOVE MOVE: Together Against Bullying- 1D + OD Limited Edition Collection. www.officedepot.com/catalog/search.do?Ntt=one+direction
· International Foundation for Research and Education on Depression (iFred)- The mission of International Foundation for Research and Education on Depression (iFred) is to shine a positive light on depression and eliminate the stigma associated with the disease through prevention, research and education. Its goal is to ensure 100% of the 350 million people affected by depression seek and receive treatment. iFred is creating a shift in society’s negative perception of depression through positive imagery and branding—establishing the sunflower and color yellow as the international symbols of hope for depression. To further its mission, iFred engages with individuals and organizations to execute high-impact and effective campaigns that educate the public about support and treatment for depression. www.ifred.org
· Marchon– Designer eyewear by Marchon. www.marchon.com
· Mary Kay At Play™- Turn up the volume with Mary Kay At Play™, a colorful and totally new affordable color collection. Products include the At Play™ Baked Eye Trio, At Play™ Eye Crayon, At Play™ Jelly Lip Gloss and At Play™ Lip Crayon. www.marykay.com
· MCFADIN- Handbags and luggage handmade in Texas, leather, fringe, embellished with nail heads and hair on hide. www.mcfadin.com
· Nerf Rebelle- The ultimate adventure accessory, the NERF REBELLE HEARTBREAKER bow features “true” bow action and powerful dart performance! Inspired by current pop culture trends, the HEARTBREAKER bow offers the pose and precision to take on any mission. www.hasbro.com
· North Shore Goodies- We created the original coconut peanut butter from Hawaii. www.northshoregoodies.net
· Rider Sandals- Passionate, adventurous, carefree & dedicated to enjoying life. You’ll find style, comfort and quality construction in each pair of Rider Sandals, making it #TheRiderWay. www.ridersanndsls.com
· Scotch Expressions Tape- New Scotch Expressions Tape comes in 100+ colors and patterns and are a great way to personalize and embellish everything from lockers and skateboards to bikes and backpacks. Celebrities will be invited to autograph and personalize a backpack with Scotch Expressions Tapes, which will be donated to Pencils of Promise along with a $10,000 monetary donation that allows 100 students to go back to school with sponsorships. www.scotchbrand.com.exp
· Simone I. Smith Jewelry- Simone I. Smith offers a collection of fashion forward jewelry that contributes to the ACS & is worn by celebs like: Carly Rae Jepsen, Bella Thorne & Rihanna. www.Simoneismith.com
· Wonka- The Willy Wonka Candy Factory opened its doors in 1983. Since that time, WONKA has been dedicated to the art of producing fun, innovative, high-quality confections for candy lovers of all ages. WONKA candies include SWEETARTS®, LAFFY TAFFY®, NERDS®, NERDS® Rope, SPREE®, EVERLASTING GOBSTOPPER®, LIK-M-AID® FUN DIP, PIXY STIX®, SHOCKERS, BOTTLE CAPS®, RUNTS®, KAZOOZLES®. THE WILLY WONKA CANDY FACTORY is owned by Nestlé USA, Inc. For more information about WONKA, visit WONKA.com or Facebook.com/WONKA. www.wonka.com
Celebrities also walked away with a gift bag filled with the following:
· Smaller than a soda can, 808 CANZ provide big sound in a little package, with the punchiest sound around via a Bluetooth wireless or a line-in connection. 808 CANZ provide studio quality sound and intense bass from a tiny, rechargeable, can-shaped speaker. The wireless speaker supports Bluetooth v.21 and also includes a 3.5 audio line input for versatile listening options. With a range of 30 feet and a battery life of 5-6 hours (at a normal volume), CANZ are a convenient option to listen to music anywhere without sacrificing sound quality.
· CoralActives®- Dermatologist-recommended CoralActives® is a two-step acne treatment system that clears skin fast while leaving it smooth and moisturized. This new line of products uses benzoyl peroxide to kill bacteria, encapsulated retinol to exfoliate the skin, and sea whip extract to reduce redness, irritation and inflammation. www.coralactives.com
· Happy Seeds™- Happy Seeds are natural, organic, vegan and always gluten, soy & nut free. www.happyseedsglutenfree.com
· Invitation Consultants- Invitation consultants personalized notepads are the perfect way to express your style and keep organized! www.invitationconsultants.com
· Jacquie Jordan Inc. Publishing / TVGuestpert.com- 17 year-old Alex Detail, former child prodigy, is kidnapped and forced to lead a secret mission to save Earth from a mysterious alien force that wants to extinguish the sun. www.DarrenCampo.com
· Logitech- To learn more or purchase the new Eye Candy Color Collection, please visit www.logitech.com
· Madpax- 3D inspired backpacks and accessories for kids of all ages. Rock that inner creature! www.madpax.com
· Mojo Backpacks- Mojo Backpacks are all about making a statement and making functional look good. From signature big face graphics and chunky zippers to backlight reactive bags, Mojo adds edge into all of its fashion forward creations. www.mojobackpacks.com
· Ouya- Priced at $99, OUYA is the most affordable fun for video gamers, friends and family. OUYA delivers powerful, 3D gameplay in beautiful 1080p HD, and every game is free to try and downloadable via Wi-Fi. Tens of thousands of game creators worldwide are making OUYA games, including big names like Sega and Square Enix, indie rockstars, and even first-time developers like a father and son team working on their first game! The result is a huge library of value-priced games in all genres, including adventure, sports, puzzle, racing, and more. 325+ games are available now, and more are being added daily. One of the most popular hits of the summer can only be found on OUYA: TowerFall is an archery combat platformer for up to 4 players, a local party game centering around hilarious, intense versus matches. OUYA is on sale now at retail locations across the U.S., Canada, and U.K., including Amazon, Best Buy, GAME, GameStop, and Target, for only $99.99. For more information, please visit http://www.ouya.tv/
· Pack ‘N Pride- For the most discerning of pet owners and their favorite four-legged foodies! www.pack-n-pride.com
· Paramount Home Media Distribution- In director Jon M. Chu’s heart-pounding thrill ride, the G.I. JOE team not only faces off against its mortal enemy COBRA, it is also forced to contend with threats from within the government that jeopardize its very existence. Dwayne Johnson, Channing Tatum, and Bruce Willis star in this explosive global hit. The G.I. JOE: RETALIATION Blu-ray/DVD combo pack with Ultraviolet™ comes fully loaded with declassified special features that take viewers behind the lines to explore the action and the characters, what it took to bring the film to life and more. The film is also available in a Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD combo pack or as a single disc DVD. http://www.gijoemovie.com
· So Cool Kids- Inspired by the transparent and luminous quality of watercolor our everyday WATERMELON, ORANGE MANGO and BANANA scented glycerin soaps capture the experience of walking barefoot through these fruited orchards. http://www.socoolkids.com
· Swiss Watch International- -red line Men’s RPM Chronograph Black Watch: an aura of brilliance. This red line timepiece glows with its irradiant charm. Its smooth design will intensify anyone’s personality. http://redlinewatches.com/RL_rpmChrono.asp
-a_line Women’s Aroha Chronograph Blue Dial Blue Silicone Watch: a_line’s Aroha collection follows a line’s philosophy of brining women the same quality and luxury of watches that men have been getting for years at a value. To that end a line allows women to wear a large timeless watch that has a feminine touch. http://redlinewatches.com/AL_aroha.asp
This year’s Retreat is not just a Gift Suite but also a Giving Suite™. Stars were invited to give as well as receive with several charitable causes:
v City of Hope – Celebrities were invited to experience and receive a sample of the Nerf Rebelle Heartbreaker bow. A donation of Hasbro toys and games valued at $10,000 will be made to City of Hope Hospital. www.hasbro.com
v International Foundation for Research and Education on Depression (iFred) asked celebrities to Share how they #ShineYourLight of HOPE for depression. www.ifred.org
v LoveIsRespect.org- Mary Kay asked celebs to “kiss for a cause.” For every signature and kiss print or doodle that a celebrity provided, Mary Kay will donate $1,000 to loveisrespect.org in their name. Mary Kay will double a celebrities’ donation to loveisrespect.org if they tweeted a picture or message to their fan base about their participation using the hashtag #MKkiss.
v Office Depot Foundation-By visiting 1D + OD’s booth, celebrities supported the 1D + OD LIVE LOVE MOVE Together Against Bullying message to “Be Nice.” The booth curated to look like a mock classroom, where each celebrity was invited to sit and write one line in an effort to create positive lyrics or an inspirational word. They were gifted 1D + OD products to promote anti-bullying education in schools. The classroom will help raise awareness and ultimately contribute to the $1 million donation from The Office Depot Foundation.
v Pencils of Promise- Celebrities were invited to autograph and personalize a backpack with Scotch Expressions Tapes, which will be donated to Pencils of Promise along with a $10,000 monetary donation that allows 100 students to go back to school with scholarships.
This year’s suite was designed by HGTV Design Star Josh Johnson. At the 2013 Teen Choice Awards Retreat, Josh provided an excitingly enjoyable and stylishly youthful backdrop for celebrity guests to socialize and hang out at the show while they lounge within his custom designed vignette. Johnson, based both in West Hollywood and Nashville, is no stranger to catering to a celebrity clientele, having designed for backstage Retreats at the 2013 BET Awards, 2012 Writer’s Guild Awards, Teen Choice Awards, Country Music Awards Week, NAACP Image Awards (2011, 2012), Tony Awards, plus 2011 American Country Awards, and Billboard Music Awards. His design philosophy of “Livable Luxe” is the pairing of affordable elegance with functional practicality. His lovable personality earned “Sparkle Josh” the title of Fan Favorite during his first run on HGTV’s Design Star’s second season, and he also starred in the Design Star “All Stars” series in July, 2012. Forever striving to fuse design with entertainment, Josh continues to make special appearances on the HGTV network and star on design series television. www.sparklejosh.com
v Softline Home Fashions – a leader in the home fashions industry, Softine is an importer and distributor of fine fabrics, curtains, and pillows for the home, committed to quality and excellence. www.softlinehome.com
v LUX LOUNGE EVENT FURNITURE RENTAL- (a bicoastal Luxury Event Rental Company).
The Design concepts for the Teen Choice include the finest furnishings, lighting and accessories encompassing an extensive and varied style from Miami Chic to Funky and Fun with a splash of sparkle. Lux Lounge Event Furniture Rentals is a Bicoastal based full service company serving major entertainment brands, corporate clients, lifestyle publications, event planners and individuals since 2004.Lux Lounge specializes in lounge furniture rentals at public and private event venues in and around Los Angeles and Orange County, San Diego and New York Lux Lounge EFR takes special pride with the appearance of our furniture collections at events staged by experts in the field of Design. Every detail is custom picked and designed for every occasion. Whether it is an indoor or outdoor special event such as a concert, festival, pool party, gala, movie premiere, movie production, green room, furniture staging, convention or trade show, we can empower your vision.
v ProPlants- With the passion to provide great products and service, ProPlants delivers one-of-a-kind gifts to your door straight from the growers, making them the freshest online plants retailer around www.proplants.com