Introducing the Fraternities and Sororities of ‘Monsters University’
Our favorite “scarers” are heading to college and they’ve enlisted some big stars!
We cannot wait to see Monsters University, the prequel to Monsters, Inc. which reunites Billy Crystal & John Goodman. The highly anticipated Disney•Pixar movie has now unveiled more of the talented cast that are lending their voices to the flick.
Joining Billy Crystal and John Goodman are Steve Buscemi, Helen Mirren, Alfred Molina, Dave Foley, Sean P. Hayes, Joel Murray, Peter Sohn, Charlie Day, Nathan Fillion, Bobby Moynihan, Julia Sweeney, Aubrey Plaza, Tyler Labine, John Krasinski, Bonnie Hunt, Beth Behrs and John Ratzenberger.
Ever since college-bound Mike Wazowski (voice of Billy Crystal) was a little monster, he has dreamed of becoming a Scarer—and he knows better than anyone that the best Scarers come from Monsters University (MU). But during his first semester at MU, Mike’s plans are derailed when he crosses paths with hotshot James P. Sullivan, “Sulley” (voice of John Goodman), a natural-born Scarer. The pair’s out-of-control competitive spirit gets them both kicked out of the University’s elite Scare Program. To make matters worse, they realize they will have to work together, along with an odd bunch of misfit monsters, if they ever hope to make things right.
The film hits theaters June 21, 2013 and we also have new pics of the various MU fraternities and sororities. Click inside to check them out!
The voice cast includes the following:
· Billy Crystal (“Parental Guidance,” “When Harry Met Sally,” “City Slickers”) reprises his role as Mike Wazowski, now a college-age monster who follows his dream of becoming a Scarer at Monsters University.
· John Goodman (“Argo,” “Flight,” “Trouble With the Curve”) returns as James P. Sullivan (Sulley), an overly confident, young hotshot Scaring student at Monsters University.
· Steve Buscemi (“Boardwalk Empire”) rejoins the monster world as Randy Boggs, a Monsters University freshman who is ready to experience all that college has to offer (if only he can curb his habit of disappearing).
· Helen Mirren (“Hitchcock,” “The Queen”) gives voice to Dean Hardscrabble, legendary Scarer and hard-to-please head of Monsters University’s prestigious School of Scaring.
· Alfred Molina (TNT’s “Monday Mornings,” “The Da Vinci Code,” “Frida”) is the voice of Professor Knight, an esteemed professor in Monsters University’s School of Scaring.
· Dave Foley (TV’s “NewsRadio,” “The Kids in the Hall”) as Terry Perry, the skeptical half of a bickering two-headed monster and dedicated Oozma Kappa (OK) brother.
· Sean P. Hayes (“The Three Stooges,” TV’s “Up All Night”) gives voice to Terri Perry, the more sensitive side of a two-headed Oozma Kappa (OK) fraternity brother with Scaring aspirations.
· Joel Murray (TV’s “Mad Men,” “Two and a Half Men”) voices Don Carlton, a “mature” student at Monsters University and a founding member of the Oozma Kappa (OK) fraternity.
· Pixar’s Peter Sohn (“Ratatouille,” “Small Fry”) provides the voice of Scott “Squishy” Squibbles, an undeclared sophomore at Monsters University and Oozma Kappa (OK) fraternity member who still lives with his doting mother.
· Charlie Day (“Horrible Bosses,” “Pacific Rim,” TV’s “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia”) provides the voice of the incomparable Art, an Oozma Kappa (OK) fraternity brother with a questionable past.
· Nathan Fillion (“Much Ado About Nothing,” “Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters,” TV’s “Castle”) portrays Johnny Worthington, the confident president of Roar Omega Roar (ROR), a Monsters University fraternity that prides itself on its notable Scarers.
· Bobby Moynihan (NBC’s “Saturday Night Live,” HBO’s “Girls,” DreamWorks Studios’ “Delivery Man”) helps bring to life Chet Alexander, a yes-monster member of the Roar Omega Roar (ROR) fraternity.
· Julia Sweeney (TV’s “The Goode Family,” “Saturday Night Live”) lends her voice to Ms. Squibbles, indulgent mother to Monsters University sophomore Scott “Squishy” Squibbles.
· Aubrey Plaza (“To Do List,” TV’s “Parks and Recreation”) gives voice to Claire Wheeler, the somber president of Monsters University’s Greek Council and emcee for the annual Scare Games.
· Tyler Labine (“Tucker & Dale vs. Evil,” “Mad Love”) was tapped to voice Brock Pearson, vice president of the Greek Council and enthusiastic emcee of the Scare Games.
· John Krasinski (“Promised Land,” TV’s “The Office”) provides the voice of “Frightening” Frank McCay, a Scaring super star at Monsters, Inc.
· Bonnie Hunt (TV’s “The Bonnie Hunt Show,” “Cheaper By the Dozen”) was called on to provide the voice of young Mike Wazowski’s grade school teacher Karen Graves.
· Beth Behrs (TV’s “2 Broke Girls”) serves as the voice of Carrie Williams, fearless leader of the Python Nu Kappa (PNK) sorority.
· John Ratzenberger (“Cheers,” Disney•Pixar’s feature films) returns to the Pixar recording studio as the voice of a Monsters, Inc. employee.