-Take a listen to the Almost Alice album from the upcoming movie Alice In Wonderland below. On Friday, February 19, at 5PM, there’s going to be a live event at the Hollywood & Highland Center including performances by 3OH!3, Metro Station, Kerli & Never Shout Never as well as an appearance by Tim Burton who will introduce a first-look at the new Alice in Wonderland film. More info below.
Also, All Time Low’s single “Painting Flowers” will premiere on their MySpace on 2/18 (myspace.com/alltimelow) from the Almost Alice album in stores 3/2.
The fan event will stream live on myspace at 5 p.m. on Feb. 19, 2010. More details inside:
An Entertainment Extravaganza
* The event’s featured artists will do a short set, including their song from “Almost Alice.” Artists/songs include 3OH!3 (“Follow Me Down”), Metro Station (“Where’s My Angel”), Kerli (“Tea Party”), and Never Shout Never (“Sea What We Seas”).
* Available March 2, 2010, “Almost Alice” is a 16-song compilation featuring the film’s end credit track “Alice,” written and performed by Avril Lavigne, plus songs from artists including All American Rejects, The Cure’s Robert Smith, Franz Ferdinand and Shinedown. Hot Topic’s exclusive expanded version includes three bonus tracks. The album is a companion to the film’s soundtrack, which features the score by composer Danny Elfman.
* Hot Topic’s Hollywood locale (3rd level of Hollywood & Highland Center) has been transformed to a mad version of Wonderland even the Hatter would enjoy. Hot Topic hosts the event and features exclusive “ALICE IN WONDERLAND”-themed products now available at Hot Topic stores nationwide and online. Beginning Monday, February 8, the first 250 customers who purchase any 3OH!3 t-shirt and preorder the “Almost Alice” CD will receive a wristband that will grant access to a special meet-and-greet with the band 3OH!3, entry into the concert’s preferred viewing pit and admission into the special 3D sneak peek of footage from the film at the El Capitan Theatre after the concert event.
* KIIS-FM, 104.3 MyFM and 98.7 FM will give away VIP preferred viewing pit wristbands to listeners between now and event day. Additional VIP tickets will be given away via MySpace, Facebook and Twitter. VIP attendees will be treated to a special 3D sneak peek of footage from the film at Hollywood’s El Capitan Theatre immediately following the event.
* Fans are encouraged to dress up in costumes inspired by characters from “ALICE IN WONDERLAND.” Costumes will be judged on site by Academy Award®-winner Colleen Atwood, costume designer for the film. Winners will be invited to attend the special sneak peek at the El Capitan.
* KIIS-FM’s Manny on the Streets will be the on-stage host for the event. Quddus from MySpace and theQside.com, Roslynn Cobarrubias from MySpace Music and Philip DeFranco from YouTube will be on hand as backstage hosts, interviewing key players along the way.
* MySpace will host the exclusive live stream of the event at www.myspace.com/wonderland, powered by Ustream. Viewers around the world can experience the event first-hand, see exclusive backstage interviews with talent and interact by posting comments and questions to the page. Ustream’s embeddable streaming player will extend the experience to additional sites, including Facebook, HotTopic.com and more.