Taylor Swift — the Hendersonville teen on a recent Rolling Stone cover and the new issue of Allure, the one who sold more albums than any other artist in 2008 — needs some help, and she’s hiring at home.
Here’s what applicants need to know:
• Wanted: Three dancers for the country star’s Fearless 2009 tour.
• Time commitment: April through October, including an August stop at New York’s Madison Square Garden that sold out in less than one minute.
• Age: Must be at least 18 years old.
• What Taylor wants: People who can dance, sing and act. Experience playing the violin or viola is a definite plus. One of the positions also will require backup vocal experience.
• Required: Must have backgrounds in hip-hop, jazz and partner dancing.
Open auditions will be Tuesday in Nashville. Choreographer Robert Royston will conduct them beginning at 1 p.m. at 10 Quality Way, just off Dickerson Pike near Rock Street. Just follow the signs for Taylor’s audition.
Note to applicants — do not arrive before 11 a.m., and do bring a photo ID, resume and headshot.
Note to fans — and this is an important point given the number of people who found out by word of mouth that Taylor was showing up at midnight at Walmart to buy a copy of her most recent CD — Taylor is not scheduled to attend.
So, please no cutting class in hopes of a sighting.
news Taylor Swift Needs Backup Dancers